Couscous Salad And Grilled Peaches
This tasty couscous salad features our Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce.
- 4 Peaches, fresh
- Vegetable oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 cup Couscous
- 1/2 cup Raisins
- 1/3 cup Walnuts, chopped
- 2 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1/4 cup Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce
- Honey for garnish
- Slice peaches in half and remove pit. Then slice into 1/2 inch thick slices. (Should yield about 4 slices per peach). Brush each side of peach with a little vegetable oil. Season with salt on each side.
- Grill peaches on a hot grill for 2-3 minutes per side or use a pannini grill. Remove peaches from grill and set aside to cool.
- Bring water and butter to a boil and then add couscous. Cover, remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes.
- After 5 minutes, add raisins, walnuts, olive oil and Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce.
- To serve, place a peach slice on a plate. Scoop out couscous salad with an ice cream scoop and place on top of grilled peach slice. Drizzle plate with some honey to garnish. Yields 16 peach appetizers
Product used in this recipe:
One of Zack's favorite sauces! A unique combination of two culinary treasures form a sweet, tangy heat you're sure to love. Mix with vinegar & oil for a vinaigrette that really shows that salad who's boss! For flavor that's out of this world, use as a meat glaze on chicken breast, pork chops, roasts, and lamb. Pour over cream cheese for a great cracker hors d'oeuvre. Need a quick and easy to die for desert? Just pour a little on top of a piece of cheesecake or ice cream. A great ending to any dinner party with little effort!