Smoked Raspberry Chicken Sandwich
A fulfilling open-faced sandwich recipe featuring onion, red peppers, chicken breast, Jarlesberg cheese and Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce.
- 2 large Onions
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- 1 tsp. Olive oil
- 2 Red peppers, roasted
- 1 Chicken breast, smoked, skinless, boneless, chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Jarlesberg cheese, shredded
- 1 loaf French bread
- 2/3 cup Zack’s Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce
- Melt butter and olive oil in a heavy skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook for 5-10 minutes until nicely browned. Reserve.
- Place red peppers directly on a gas burner. Turn peppers occasionally until they are blackened and charred on all sides. Place peppers in a paper bag and seal. Allow peppers to steam for about 5-10 minutes. Remove from bag and scrape all black charred outside skin from the peppers using a sharp knife. Rinse under cold water. Remove core and seeds and cut into lengthwise strips. Add to onions and season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to broil. Split bread in half lengthwise. Scoop out some of the bread and discard. Divide the onion, pepper mixture in half and place on top of each half of the bread. Top with chicken and Jarlesberg cheese. Arrange the assembled bread on a baking sheet and place on the upper rack of oven. Broil until cheese has melted and browned. Remove from oven and drizzle each sandwich half with 1/3 cup Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce. Allow sandwiches to stand about 5 minutes to set. Cut into sandwich pieces and serve.
Product used in this recipe:
One of Zack's favorite sauces! A unique combination of two culinary treasures form a sweet, tangy heat you're sure to love. Mix with vinegar & oil for a vinaigrette that really shows that salad who's boss! For flavor that's out of this world, use as a meat glaze on chicken breast, pork chops, roasts, and lamb. Pour over cream cheese for a great cracker hors d'oeuvre. Need a quick and easy to die for desert? Just pour a little on top of a piece of cheesecake or ice cream. A great ending to any dinner party with little effort!