Cheese Steak Habanero Panini
Onions and green peppers are sauteed, and then placed on a sandwich with our Zack's Habanero Pepper Jelly and then grilled for a tasty sandwich.
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- 1 small Yellow onion, sliced
- 1 small Green pepper, julienne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices Tuscan, olive oil or other rustic bread
- 1 jar Zack's Habanero Pepper Jelly
- 1/2 lb. London broil, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Add onion and green pepper. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until onions are caramelized and peppers are tender, then remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Spread a generous amount of Habanero Pepper Jelly onto 4 slices of bread. Place slices of London broil, onions and green peppers on top of remaining 4 slices of bread. Top with cheese covered slices to form sandwich.
- Place Panini sandwiches in a Panini grill or grill pan. Cook until bread is lightly browned and crisped.
Product used in this recipe:
A pepper jelly with a sweet taste, and distinctive flavor of the habanero pepper! Use as a meat glaze on chicken breast, pork chops, or roast of lamb. Pour over cream cheese for a new twist on an hors d'oeuvre favorite. Mix with sour cream for a veggie dip your guests are sure to love. Top toasts, bagels, or biscuits with a breakfast jelly that's out of the ordinary and out of this world!