Strawberry Jalapeno Doughnuts
These doughnuts are all the more satisfying being filled with our Zack's Strawberry Jalapeno Sauce.
- 1 1/4 cups Milk
- 1 tsp. Sugar
- 1 package Active yeast
- 2 cups Flour
- Pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Vegetable oil
- 1 jar Zack's Strawberry Jalapeno Sauce
- Powdered sugar
- In a saucepan, whisk together the milk and sugar over very low heat until it reaches 95-110 degrees F. Remove from heat and allow to cool for 2 minutes. Make sure temperature is still in 95-110 F range, then mix in yeast.
- While yeast is proofing, whisk together the flour, salt and vegetable oil in a mixing bowl. Add the activated yeast mixture to flour mixture and mix together well. If batter is too thick (like bread batter) then add a little warm water. Consistency should be slightly thicker than pancakes.
- Heat 2 inches of vegetable oil in a deep frying pan or heat deep fryer to 375 degrees F. Scoop batter with a tablespoon and drop into hot oil using finger to push dough into ball. Rotate doughnuts in oil to lightly brown on all sides. Cooking time will be about 3-4 minutes. Remove from oil and drain on paper towels.
- Fill piping bag with Zack’s Strawberry Jalapeno Sauce. Using piping bag, poke a hole in side of doughnut and fill inside with some Strawberry Jalapeno Sauce. Sprinkle filled doughnuts with some powdered sugar if desired.