Strawberry Jalapeno Cream Cheese Bites
This dessert will make you feel like you are in total bliss when you take your first bite.
- 1 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup Splenda
- 1 large egg,
- 1/4 lb. (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 pkg. Phyllo dough
- 1 jar of Zack's Strawberry Jalapeno Sauce.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Using a hand blender or food processor, process the cream cheese, Splenda, and egg until smooth.
- Using a pastry brush, butter a 8 x 8 inch baking pan.
- Place one sheet of Phyllo dough in the bottom of the pan, and butter it using the pastry brush. Repeat this process until there are 5 layers of dough.
- Using an offset spatula or spoon, spread 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture evenly across the top layer of dough. Spread 1/2 of Zack's Strawberry Jalapeno Sauce on top of the cream cheese.
- Add another 5 layers of phyllo dough in the same manner as before, spread the remaining cream cheese mixture across the top, and then the remaining Strawberry Jalapeno Sauce.
- Add another 5 layers of dough.
- Cut finished pastry into triangles and place in oven on a middle rack. Cook for 35-45 minutes or until golden brown and flaky.
- Serve warm or cool.