Strawberry Jalapeno Chocolate Cake
Enjoy this sweet Strawberry Jalapeno cake for the perfect celebration, or just for yourself!
- 1 Cup 2 Tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 2 Cups 2 Tbsp. white sugar
- 2 3/4 sticks unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup Zack's Strawberry Jalapeno Sauce
- 4 large eggs
- 1 Cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tsp. Vanilla
- 1/4 Tsp. Salt
- Preheat oven to 350F. Butter and flour a 9" round cake pan or spring form pan.
- Mix cocoa and sugar together in large bowl.
- Melt butter and Zack’s Strawberry Jalapeno Sauce in a saucepan over low heat, pour over sugar and cocoa mixture and stir until well combined. Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- After cooling, add one egg at a time and stir until well blended. When all eggs have been added, scrape down sides of bowl and continue to blend until smooth and satiny.
- Add flour, salt and vanilla and blend until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and even top with a spatula.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 15 minutes. Reduce heat to 325 degrees F and continue baking for another 45 minutes or until toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 1 hour and then turn out onto a cutting board or plate and cut into thin wedges. This cake tends to be very moist and fudgy in the middle. By letting it sit another hour, out of the pan, it will firm up somewhat and be easier to cut and serve.
- For a garnish, warm the extra Jalapeno Sauce and brush on the cake to create a shiny glaze. Top with fresh raspberries and dust with powdered sugar. Serve with a dollop of softly whipped cream.