Chocolate Cream Puffs with Strawberry Jalapeno Truffle Filling
Cream puffs are filled with a mixture of cream cheese, Zack's Strawberry Jalapeno Sauce, melted chocolate and whipped topping.
- For Puffs
- 1 cup Butter
- 2 cups Boiling water
- 1/3 cup Unsweetened cocoa
- 2 Tbsp. Sugar
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 8 Eggs
- For Filling
- 2 cups Semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup Zack's Strawberry Jalapeno Sauce
- 16 oz. Cream cheese
- 16 oz. Whipped topping, frozen
- Strawberries, whole, for garnish
- Grease a baking sheet and preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a medium saucepan, melt butter in the boiling water. Add flour, cocoa, sugar and salt while stirring vigorously. Cook until mixture forms a ball that won't separate. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Add eggs one at a time, beating after each addition until smooth.
- Drop about 1/4 cup batter for each puff on a greased baking sheet. Space puffs about 3 inches apart. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate chips in top of a double boiler.
- In a separate bowl, beat cream cheese and Zack's Strawberry Jalapeno Sauce until smooth. Beat in melted chocolate then stir in whipped topping. When puffs have been removed from oven, allow them to cool for a few minutes, then split them in half and remove any soft dough inside. Cool completely.
- Fill with cream cheese mixture and garnish with fresh strawberries.