Nectarine Tart with Peach Jalapeno Sauce and Crumb Topping
This tart with our famous Zack's Peach Jalapeno will have your guests coming back for seconds.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 4 oz. (1 stick) cold unsalted butter
- 1/4 Tsp table salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 3-4 ripe nectarines, sliced into eighths
- 1/4 cup Zack's Peach Jalapeno Sauce
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 Tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Crumb Topping
- Leftover crust
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- Place the dry ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and pulse to combine and aerate.
- Add the lemon zest and butter and process for about 20 seconds to combine. Add the beaten egg and process until the dough comes together, about 30 seconds.
- Gather up the dough and form into a round. Do not clean the processor. Just set aside.
- When dough has chilled, roll it out into a round to fit an 8-inch tart pan. You should have more dough then you need. Reserve the scraps.
- Refrigerate or freeze the lined tart pan until ready to use. Place the scraps in the bowl of the food processor and refrigerate.
- Pulse crust scraps, flour, brown sugar, and 2 Tbsp almonds until it begins to form crumbs.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Arrange the rack to the lowest setting in your oven.
- Toss the peach slices with the White Nectarine Jam, cornstarch, cinnamon, and lemon juice until completely combined. Arrange the slices over the dough in concentric circles, until completely covered.
- Pour any accumulated juices over the fruit. Dot with butter and top with the crumbs.
Place the tart in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
Turn the oven down to 375 degrees and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until the crumbs turn golden brown and juices are bubbling.
Remove to a cooling rack and allow to cool for at least one hour.
Top with reserved sliced toasted almonds. Dust with confectionersí sugar.
Product used in this recipe:
A must-have in the kitchen! A medley of cool, sweet, and tangy, this peach sauce is a perfect topping sauce for Salamon or for halibut. Pour over cream cheese for a standout hors d'oeuvre with your favorite cracker. Mix with sour cream for a veggie dip. A great salsa dip for tortilla chips. It adds a fantastic flourish to ice cream or cheesecake.