Chicken and Andouille Sausage Gumbo
Our Gumbo will have you feeling like you are back in Louisiana. We use our famous Zack's Habanero Sauce to add some great flavor. This is one of our favorite dishes, so enjoy!
- 4 qts. water seasoned with salt and pepper or Tony Chachere's seasoning
- 1/2 cup roux*
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large white onion, chopped
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, chopped
- 1 lb Andouille sausage, chopped
- 1 - 14 1/2 oz can stewed tomatoes, chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp poultry seasoning
- 1 hot red pepper, crushed
- 4 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp black or assorted whole peppercorns
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1 1/2 tbsp curry powder
- 1 package frozen okra
- 4 large chicken breasts, cooked
- 4 tbsp parsley
- 1 tbsp filet gumbo
- 3-4 splashes Zack’s Habanero Sauce
- 4-5 slices bacon, chopped into small pieces
- Optional: 1 package Sazon Goya Con Culontroy y Anchiote, available in most international food markets
- Boil chicken breasts in seasoned water, 30 to 40 minutes until tender. Remove, cool, de-bone, chop and set aside.
- Add all other ingredients to the liquid, except roux, and boil over medium heat 2 or more hours.
- Add roux, a little at a time until dissolved. Add chicken; simmer 3- to 45 minutes more.
[4[ Serve over white rice with crusty French bread.