Scrumptious Macadamia Nut-Crusted Halibut with Pepper Jelly
Halibut is topped with a sauce featuring butter, flour, coconut milk, pineapple juice and Zack's Habanero Pepper Jelly.
- 4 Halibut filets
- 1 cup Flour
- 2 Eggs
- 3 Tbsp. Water
- 2-3 cups Macadamia nuts, roasted
- 2 Tbsp. Vegetable oil
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Flour
- 1 can Coconut milk
- 1 can Pineapple juice
- As desired Zack's Habanero Pepper Jelly
- Dredge filets in flour. Coat floured filets with egg wash (beaten egg and water).
- In a food processor, grind roasted macadamia nuts until it is a mixture slightly coarser than breadcrumbs.
- Add oil to saute pan and fry filet on 1 side for about 2 minutes. Flip filet and insert into 350 degrees F oven for 10 minutes per inch of filet.
- In the meantime, melt butter in a saucepan. Add flour and whisk in coconut milk, pineapple juice and Habanero Pepper Jelly. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer and cook until thickened.
- To Serve: Pour some coconut sauce on a plate. Placed filet on top of coconut sauce. Garnish filet with another spoonful of Habanero Pepper Jelly. Top with ground macadamia nuts.
Product used in this recipe:
A pepper jelly with a sweet taste, and distinctive flavor of the habanero pepper! Use as a meat glaze on chicken breast, pork chops, or roast of lamb. Pour over cream cheese for a new twist on an hors d'oeuvre favorite. Mix with sour cream for a veggie dip your guests are sure to love. Top toasts, bagels, or biscuits with a breakfast jelly that's out of the ordinary and out of this world!