Mixed Greens with Toasted Walnuts and Raspberry Pear Vinaigrette
Mixed greens are tossed with vinaigrette featuring our Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce.
- 2 Pears, peeled, cored, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 Pear, very ripe, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce
- 2 tsp. Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 10 cups Mixed greens, cleaned, dried, chilled
- 3/4 cup Walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Toss pears lightly with vegetable oil and spread in one layer in a shallow baking pan. Season with salt and pepper. Roast pears, turning once, until pears are tender and beginning to brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from baking dish, cool and reserve.
- Place pear, lemon juice, Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce, brown sugar, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor or a blender. Process until the pear is pureed and the ingredients are mixed.
- With the motor running, pour the olive oil through the feed tube. Pulse until the oil is completely emulsified. Correct the seasonings.
- Place mixed greens in a serving bowl, season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss greens with vinaigrette just to coat. Check seasonings, sprinkle with reserved pears and walnuts
Product used in this recipe:
One of Zack's favorite sauces! A unique combination of two culinary treasures form a sweet, tangy heat you're sure to love. Mix with vinegar & oil for a vinaigrette that really shows that salad who's boss! For flavor that's out of this world, use as a meat glaze on chicken breast, pork chops, roasts, and lamb. Pour over cream cheese for a great cracker hors d'oeuvre. Need a quick and easy to die for desert? Just pour a little on top of a piece of cheesecake or ice cream. A great ending to any dinner party with little effort!