Delightful Fish Sandwich with Peach Jalapeno Coleslaw
A fish sandwich is served with coleslaw containing cabbage, carrot, onion, vinegar, mayonnaise, salt, pepper and our famous Zack's Peach Jalapeno Sauce.
For more great recipes and award-winning jellies, jams, sauces, and more visit us at www.southerncityflavors.com
- 3 cups Savory red cabbage, shredded
- 1/2 cup Carrots, peeled, julienne
- 1/2 cup Red onion, minced
- 2 Tbsp. White vinegar
- 5 Tbsp. Zack's Peach Jalapeno Sauce
- 4 Tbsp. Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Beer
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Heavy cream
- 1 3/4 cups Flour
- 1 Tbsp. Butter, melted, clarified
- 3-4 Catfish filets
- Flour for dredging
- 1 loaf French bread
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For Coleslaw: In a large mixing bowl, combine the cabbage, carrot, onion, vinegar, 3 tablespoons Peach Jalapeno Sauce, mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste. Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
- For Batter: In another large mixing bowl, whisk together the beer, remaining Peach Jalapeno Sauce, egg and cream. Continue whisking while adding flour. Finish batter by whisking in the melted butter. Heat oil in deep fryer or frying pan to 375 degrees F. Season filets with salt and pepper. Then dredge fish filets in flour and shake off excess. Dip filets into batter and place in hot oil. Fry fish approximately 5-7 minutes until golden brown and crispy. Place fried filets onto plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil. Place fish filets onto a French bread that is sliced lengthwise in half. Top fish with coleslaw and serve.