Mixed Greens with Toasted Walnuts and Raspberry Pear Vinaigrette
Mixed greens are tossed with vinaigrette featuring our Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce.
For more great recipes and award-winning jellies, jams, sauces, and more visit us at www.southerncityflavors.com
- 2 Pears, peeled, cored, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1 Pear, very ripe, peeled, cored, coarsely chopped
- 2 1/2 Tbsp. Fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. Zack's Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce
- 2 tsp. Brown sugar
- 1/2 cup Olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 10 cups Mixed greens, cleaned, dried, chilled
- 3/4 cup Walnuts, toasted, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Toss pears lightly with vegetable oil and spread in one layer in a shallow baking pan. Season with salt and pepper. Roast pears, turning once, until pears are tender and beginning to brown, about 20 minutes. Remove from baking dish, cool and reserve.
- Place pear, lemon juice, Raspberry Jalapeno Sauce, brown sugar, salt and pepper in the bowl of a food processor or a blender. Process until the pear is pureed and the ingredients are mixed.
- With the motor running, pour the olive oil through the feed tube. Pulse until the oil is completely emulsified. Correct the seasonings.
- Place mixed greens in a serving bowl, season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Toss greens with vinaigrette just to coat. Check seasonings, sprinkle with reserved pears and walnuts