- 1 ½ cup unsalted butter (room temp)
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs (room temp)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 ½ cup all purpose flour (sift then measure)
- 1 ½ cup cake flour (sift then measure)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 tsp pure almond extract
Preheat oven to 325*. Coat your pan with non-stick spray.
With a mixer, beat together butter and cream cheese on medium until fluffy. Once mixture is fluffy, be sure to scrape mixture from sides of bowl and mix again.
Add in sugar, vanilla extract and almond. Still on medium speed, beat until light and fluffy.
Reduce speed to low. Alternate adding 1 egg and 1/2 cup of flours until all eggs and flours are gone. Be sure to once again scrape sides of bowl and repeat mixing. Pour your batter into coated pan.
Bake for approx. 1 hour and 30 minutes or until a tooth pick comes out clean or with dry crumbs. Let cool.
Spread a few dollops of fig jam along the middle of cake. Top jam with pecans and powdered sugar.